Easy Tortilla Lasagna
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of chopped peppers (green, red, orange and/or yellow)
- 3 cups of chopped onions
- 1 cup of corn
- 3 cups of salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ½ cups of shredded low-fat cheese
- Optional: low-fat sour cream, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat
- Add garlic, peppers, and onions. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Place 4 tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with ½ of the vegetable mixture and then ½ of the salsa.
- Repeat with 4 tortillas and the remaining vegetable mixture and salsa.
- Top with 4 tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until bubbling and lightly browned.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro and/or sour cream.
Using 2 tbsp low fat sour cream
Nutrients per Serving (per one serving of recipe)
In this chart you’ll see the amount of nutrients for one serving of your recipe. Compare these numbers to the recommended daily intake for your age and sex. You can get this information using Dietitians of Canada – EATracker.
|Calories (kcal)||473.8||Folate (DFE)||137.1|
|Fat (g)||24||Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.9|
|Protein (g)||21.9||Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.5|
|Carbohydrate (g)||48.4||Calcium (mg)||532.6|
|Sugar (g)||13.1||Iron (mg)||2.4|
|Fibre (g)||8.6||Sodium (mg)||1211.8|
|Vitamin A (RAE)||211||Potassium (mg)||1013.8|
|Vitamin C (mg)||136|
|Vitamin D (μg)||0.2|
|Vitamin E (mg)||2.9|
Food Guide Servings (per one serving of recipe)
In the chart below you’ll see the number of Food Guide Servings for one serving of your recipe. Compare these numbers to the number of Food Guide Servings recommended for your age and sex in Canada’s Food Guide.
|Vegetables and Fruit||3.33|
|Milk and Alternatives||1.17|
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
Tips to make your recipe healthier. Find out how to: